The skincare mantra is “cleanse, tone, moisturize.”
It is drilled into our heads. One question I get a lot is “Do I really need a toner?”
That is quickly followed up with “What is the point of a toner?”
I am here to (hopefully) answer those questions for you!
- Toners balance your skin’s pH. Skin is naturally acidic, but it can get all messed up from a variety of factors. This results in your skin working overtime to return to normal levels. A toner helps restore the balance quickly.
- Toners can act as an exfoliant and remove dead skin cells, excess oil, dirt, makeup, and even cleanser residue. This can result in the appearance of smaller pores.
- Toners add a layer of protection. They help close pores after cleansing. This helps reduces impurities and environmental toxins from getting into your skin.
- Toners can add moisture and bind to your skin.
- Toners that contain glycolic acid or other alpha hydroxy acids can help to prevent ingrown hairs!
Here is the kicker though. Not all toners are created equal. Some are extremely drying because they are high in alcohol. Alcohol aggressively strips your skin and should be avoided.
The right toner will give your skin a bit more pick-me and leave you glowing!
When you use toner and then apply serums or makeup you get better and smoother coverage!
Well Adjusted is a daily glycolic exfoliating, deep cleansing, pore clearing, skin balancing toner. It is alcohol-free and helps keep dry areas soothed and oily skin in check and controls excess shine. It is created to benefit all skin types! It also has a light clean cashmere and amber fragrence that is really nice. So go grab your toner and get your face balanced!
What a more in-depth skin care regime? Team Poshtopia offers free personalized skin care Pampered Readings! Contact us today and we will get you set up!